Four Stabilizing Truths
by Kelly Collier
Click the image to download and print your own bookmarks. These are designed to be printed on 8.5×11 cardstock and cut into even quarters.
- God’s Love for me will never change. (1 John 4:9-10; 1 John 4:16, 19; Jeremiah 31:2-3; Romans 5:7-8; Romans 8:35-39)
- God’s Purpose for me is Christ-likeness. (John 14:13-17; Romans 8:28-29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 1 John 2:6)
- God’s Word to me is the final right answer. (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- God’s grace for me is sufficient. (2 Corinthians 9:8; 2 Corinthians 12:8-10; 2 Timothy 2:1; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 4:15-16)
Basic Bible Study Tips
Memorize the truths found on each bookmark along with one of the given passages. The first letter of each word is given as a memory prompt.
Prayerfully read through each of the listed Scripture passages and journal your answers to the following:
- What specific truths do I learn about God the Father, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit from these verses?
- What do these verses teach me about man/myself?
- Are there any promises to claim?
- Are there any commands to obey?
How should you believe and live differently because of this stabilizing truth? Record specific action steps you need to take in response to what God has shown you in His Word. Prayerfully consider your relationship with God as well as your relationships with other people. Target both your inner man (mind/affections/will) and outer man (what you do/say).
Share what you are learning with God through prayer. Take time to respond to God, praising Him for the things about Him that are always true and asking for His enabling to grow in the areas where the Spirit has convicted you. Also, be sure to share what you are learning with another believer.
Copy and paste these into your favorite place to buy books, or check out the audio versions available through places like Libby, Overdrive, or Audible. You may also prefer the kindle editions. I love listening to audiobooks during commute time or other work around the house. This is far from an exhaustive list, but they are great resources to add to your list.
Risen Motherhood by Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler
Parenting by Paul David Tripp
Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp
Raising Worry-Free Girls by Sissy Goff
Lies Girls Believe by Dannah Gresh
Show them Jesus by Jack Klumpenhower
Triggers by Amer Lia & Wendy Speake
The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman & Ross Campbell
Devoted by Sinclair Ferguson
Union with Christ by Rankin Wilbourne
Holier than Thou by Jackie Hill Perry
Delighting in the Trinity by Michael Reeves
Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
None Like Him by Jen Wilkin
In His Image by Jen Wilkin
New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
Breathing Grace by Sarah Roberts
My Identity in Christ Interactive Devotional by Sarah Roberts
What Jesus Did by Sinclair Ferguson
What Jesus Does by Sinclair Ferguson
Humble Roots by Hannah Anderson
Foundations by Ruth Chou Simons & Troy Simons
The-Ology by Marty Machowski
WonderFull: Ancient Psalms Ever New by Marty Machowski
The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski
Gospel Meditations for Kids by Church Works Media