Dear Father,While we are not Israel, our nation does desperately need You to heal us from anger, violence, murder, corruption, deceit, oppression, pride, self-indulgence, self-worship, self-will, and so much more. We need Your grace to open blind eyes and to rescue hearts from the power of darkness. As a nation, we have called evil good and good evil and are reaping the consequences of our choices. But you have promised forgiveness to all who ask and grace to all who will humble themselves.Please forgive those of us who are your people called by Your Name! We have embraced the affections of this world. We have allowed ourselves to be willfully enslaved to our feelings and desires. We have chosen to believe lies that lead to destruction rather than believing and proclaiming truth in love out of a pure and sincere heart.
We are asking for your forgiveness and healing. Please open our eyes to see, confess, and forsake our own personal and corporate sin.
- Please forgive us for being wise in our own eyes and help us to turn away from evil. (Proverbs 3:7)
- Please humble us so that we will run to You alone to find healing and grace. (James 4:4-10)
- Please forgive us for our pride and selfish ambition that has given way to all forms of evil. We have responded in hate toward our brothers and sisters in Christ, and justified our behavior. We have loved self-righteousness instead of Your righteousness. (James 3:13-18)
- Please forgive us for seeking after our own wisdom or the wisdom from this world rather than seeking to know and love You with our whole hearts. (Psalm 105:4, John 15)
- Please forgive us for trying to grasp for pleasure, satisfaction, and joy apart from You and the truth found in Your Word. (Jeremiah 2:11-13, 1 John 5:21)
- Please forgive us for being lulled into spiritual inactivity through entertainment and the business forgetting that this world is not our final destination. (Ephesians 5:1-21)
- Please forgive us loving our own comfort and ideals more than the people You died to save. (2 Corinthians 12:15, 1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- Please forgive us for where we have not sought justice, corrected oppression, brought justice to the fatherless or pleaded the widows cause. (Isaiah 1:17)
- Please restore the joy of our salvation and renew a right spirit within us. (Psalm 51:12)
Thank You four your precious Son, Jesus Christ who lived, died, and rose again to redeem us from sin and make us Your children forever! (Ephesians 2) Thank you for your promise to forgive and abundantly pardon! (1 John 1:9) Thank you for Your promise to reconcile all things to Yourself and eventually bring true and lasting peace on earth! (Colossians 1:16-23, Revelation 21:5)
We praise You that we can come boldly before Your throne to find mercy and grace in time of need!
Oh do we ever need You! You are always faithful to fulfill all of your promises. We thank You for Your mercies that are new each morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23) Great is Your faithfulness and Your love endures to all generations!